quinta-feira, 4 de agosto de 2011

Travel and Trip

The other day I was explaining a student the difference between "Travel" and "Trip".
"Travel" is a verb and "trip" is a noun. So the action is "travel", which is a motion verb. And, the noun is "trip".
I can't say: "My family and I are going to trip next month".
The right way to say it is: "My family and I are going to travel next month".

Anyway, that reminded me about our, my family's and mine, last trip.
We traveled to Florianópolis/Santa Catarina. It's an island near to the continent which is also the capital of Santa Catarina.
The place has a very hot weather, temperature there was always higher than 35 Centigrade degrees. The island has it's ugly places, and it is not the paradise it used to be when we used to go there (something around 8 years ago), but we could still enjoy the time we spent there.
Even so, there are still some parts of it that remain untouched.

Here are some photo I took when I was there:









It was a nice trip, although it ended sooner than it was supposed to, because my grandpa got sick while we were there. (Note: Damn, I miss him so much. =/)

My family has a beach house in a small beach in Rio Grande do Sul, which is the state I live in, called Curumim. It takes something around two hours to get there.
It's been some time since we last went there. It's really cold during winter and there is almost nothing to do there. But, Curumim can be a very beautiful place if you know how to 'explore' it.
Here's a photo I took some time ago, hope you like it.


I don't know yet where I'm gonna live when I grow up, but I guess it's gonna be near to the ocean in a hot and beautiful place. Probably in another country, at least I hope so...

Hm... I think I'm ending this post here.
Thanks for reading, if you made it to the end, you are a survivor. lol
See you another day. =]

Nenhum comentário: